Monday, December 8, 2008

Florida Sunshine

Believe it or not, one of the reasons we head off to the Bahamas on our boat in November is that Florida gets chilly.....at least in the Tampa Bay area and north. There is a ten degree temperature difference between Tampa Bay and Miami and the Keys in the winter. It's much more comfortable in the Keys. In the Bahamas, we go to George Town where it is another 5 - 10 degrees warmer. It rarely gets below 70 at night in George Town and gets into the eighties almost every day except right after a cold front......that's my kind of weather.

The good news is that Florida is sunny in the winter and the sun warms the daytime temperatures up nicely. I am about to go and play tennis and there is a real chill in the air. But the sun is coming up and I know it will be clear and bright and the temperature will soon be acceptable, at least for tennis if not laying in the beach.

I know some of you are in snowy, cloudy places and I feel sorry for you......I cannot take long stretches of cloudy days any more. I did time in Ohio, West Virginia and Chicago and could not go back there now.

The ICW Blues is mostly about sunny places!

COLIN WARD: The ICW Blues

No comments: